What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
Q1) Why the 3 examples I identified are best practice examples of Content Marketing?
• I think one of the best examples I identified for travel related companies, using Content Marketing is Blogs. This is because Blogs provide valuable insight and attract audiences, especially for travellers. Blogs are relatively short written content which is important as it is more effective than long written content. Travellers love to hear about peoples experiences and what they saw and achieved whilst on their vacation. Blogs are inexpensive and straightforward to do. When a Travel business creates blogs frequently, they are constantly providing Google, Bing and Yahoo and other search engines with fresh content to index. This therefore boosts the SEO (Search Engine Optimization), which is important as their visibility will be increased in searches consumers insert. Furthermore Blogs develop and strengthen relationships with new and existing customers. Having a comment section below the blog will allow this relationship between the company and consumer to establish.
• Secondly, I believe posting regular videos is one of the best 3 examples of Content Marketing. This is because videos provides so much information in such a short space of time. Visual Content is crucial for a travel related business as people travel to see the nature and world that we live inn. Most people go to visit places based on videos that they have seen. Videos are a great way to explain or show your service or product. Videos have a good return on investment. 83 per cent of WYZOwl survey respondents say video gives them a good return on investment. Twitter said that tweets with videos are 10 times more likely to get engagement from those without video (Jen Sonntag, 2020). One form of content marketing that is growing in significance is video marketing. In fact, according to a report by Demand Metric, 83 percent of marketers say that video is more important than ever. (Jen Sonntag, 2020).
• Thirdly, I believe photographs are one of the best 3 examples of Content Marketing. The saying goes, pictures speak a thousand words. Images communicate thought and emotion. According to Trend Reports, between 65 and 85 percent of people describe themselves as visual learners (Solve.co.uk, 2020). You can invest lots on SEO, Google ads and all the rest but without a good bank of images, the online marketing strategies you employ for your business can be wasted. Especially for a Travel Related Business, photographs is imminent as travelling and exploring is all about seeing and looking at the scenery. Photographs will enhance this by capturing breath-taking moments from travellers which travel related companies can use, to promote and advertise.
Q2) How the best practice examples I identified are better than other examples I gathered for my presentation?
• I believe Blogging is better than other types of content marketing because unlike adverts or newsletters, blogging allows interaction with customers. For example, if you post out an advert on the side of a website or send a newsletter to potential customers, there is not really an opportunity for comments or discussion in relation to what you have sent them. However, Blogging has the chance to comment from what the blog post is about, which allows discussion and interaction with customers that helps the business build relationship and trust. Furthermore, blogging is free and cheap compared to paying for online adverts.
• I believe photographic content is better than written content because with online marketing, visual content is far more engaging than just seeing text. It brings the screen to life. The same applies to seeing things on paper or advertisements. Yes, podcasts and written articles are good, but most people like stated in my answers above are visual learners. They receive information by looking a infographic pictures. They will get more out of the marketing tool via this effective method. Photographs avoid spending lots of time writing about what to say about a certain thing, when actually taking a few seconds to upload a picture can cut this time efficiency. In addition, photographs can be used on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Instagram is a platform that only allows photos and thus having a written content, would not be suitable for that social media. This means, losing out in the opportunity of posting to a large audience across the world.
- Lastly, I believe videos are better than other types of content marketing because producing videos is relatively cheap or most of the time free of charge. There are many video software’s which offer top editing services, which can be found for free on many devices. On top of this, videos can create attraction, interest and enticement. Videos have excellent return on investment which I stated in the previous section. This return on investment is crucial to businesses, as they need to focus on getting the most out of marketing campaigns for the cheapest option. This makes the business better financially. For a travel related company, videos are imminent as customers can see the destinations and countries in video format which is the most appealing to consumers rather than someone talking about a destination or reading about it in written content.